Telecommunication and radio-communication equipment to be sold for local use in Singapore is subject to equipment registration with IMDA. Prior to registering the equipment with IMDA, please ensure that the equipment complies with the relevant IMDA Standards/Technical Specifications.
There are five types of applications depending on the registration schemes and equipment types:
- Enhanced Simplified Equipment Registration (ESER);
- Simplified Equipment Registration (SER)
- General Equipment Registration (GER)
- General Equipment Registration by Certification Bodies (GER-CB)
- Application for Confirmation of Conformity (COFC)
The following equipment are not allowed to be registered with IMDA as they are Prohibited Telecommunication Equipment under the Third Schedule of Telecommunications (Dealers) Regulations. IMDA’s prior approval is required for the importation for use in Singapore or re-exporting of such Prohibited Telecommunication Equipment:
- Scanning Receivers
- Military Communication Equipment
- Telephone Voice Changing Equipment
- Radio-communication Equipment operating in frequency bands 880-915 MHz, 925-960 MHz, 1900-1980 MHz and 2110-2170 MHz except Cellular Mobile Phones or such other equipment approved by the Authority
Who is this for?
Companies who deal with import and sale of telecommunication equipment for local use in Singapore. Applicants applying for equipment registration must be equipment suppliers/dealers that hold valid Telecommunication Dealer’s Licence with IMDA.
|Enhanced Simplified Equipment Registration (ESER)|
ESER is applicable to:
|Simplified Equipment Registration (SER)|
SER is applicable to:
Mobile Terminals e.g. 3G/LTE/GMPCS mobile phone
Broadband Access Equipment e.g. ADSL, Cable Modem and CCHN equipment
|General Equipment Registration (GER)|
GER is mandatory for registration of Mobile/IoT Base Station/Repeater System, Landmobile Radio/walkie-talkie, TV White Space devices, UWB, DSRC, IoT User Equipment and Short Range Devices where the operation requires IMDA’s approval
Application is also optional for equipment categories that falls under SER/ESER scheme but subject to registration fees under GER scheme.
|General Equipment Registration by Certification Bodies (GER-CB)||GER-CB is applicable only to authorised CB applicant under MRA Phase II for IMDA recognised Certification Bodies to register all types of equipment.|
|Application for Confirmation of Conformity (COFC)||COFC is on voluntary basis is for telecommunication equipment under which no approval for sale is required (equipment exempted from registration), e.g. Facsimile Transceiver|
Equipment Registration Period and Fees
|Enhanced Simplified Equipment Registration (ESER)||5 years||Free-of-charge|
|Simplified Equipment Registration (SER)||5 years||$100 and $50 (Family Series Fee)|
|General Equipment Registration (GER)||5 years||$350/$500 and $50 (Family Series Fee)|
|General Equipment Registration by Certification Bodies (GER-CB)||5 years||$100 and $50 (Family Series Fee)|
|Application for Confirmation of Conformity (COFC)||Lifetime||$100 (Self-declaration) / $350 (IMDA Evaluation)|
Renewal fee, where applicable, will be $50 per renewal.
How to apply?
Before submitting your online application via LicenceOne, please:
- Ensure the equipment complies with the relevant IMDA Standards published under the Line Terminal Equipment Standards and/or Radio-communication Equipment Standards, respectively;
- Read through the Guide for Registration of Telecommunication Equipment (873.18KB); and
- Prepare and provide all required and relevant supporting document in your online application.
Click here to apply online via LicenceOne.
Please call 1800 478 5478 or email us.