The Singapore Film Commission supports the development and production of short films to encourage budding filmmakers to hone their skills and get a head-start in embarking on their feature film careers. The Short Film Grant (SFG) provides funding for short films that are digitally made and distributed.
Who can apply?
Applicants must be Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents.
The Director of the project must meet the following criteria:
- Has not directed any feature film; and
- Directed at least one short film that was screened at selected film festivals and/or showcased or competed at any of the events listed (list to be updated).
The Producer of the project must meet the following criteria:
- Has producing experience in short films or feature films
- The Director and Producer must not be involved in any ongoing projects funded by IMDA under the Short Film Grant or its equivalent; and
- The project must not be commissioned work or school projects.
What SFC supports
SFC will support up to 70%* of Qualifying Costs that are directly linked to the Project, capped at $10,000. The Qualifying Cost Categories are:
- Professional Services
- Equipment (Hardware)
- Equipment (Software)
- Intellectual Property
*SFC will assess and determine the final grant amount upon successful application and approval of the project.
How to apply?
Application guidelines and Call-for-Proposals (CFP) dates can be found here.
The application guidelines will be updated closer to the call dates. Please check the page regularly for updates.
Interested applicants can make an inquiry with SFC@imda.gov.sg.