Production Assistance (Film) provides funding for feature film productions with original IPs that highlight Singapore talents in credited roles, and infuse data and/or digital technologies into content for distribution on new and/or digital platforms.
Who can apply?
- Singapore-registered companies that engage in info-communications, media and related activities.
- Companies who have adopted the Tripartite Standard on the Procurement of Services from Media Freelancers (TS Media Freelancers).
What SFC supports
SFC will support up to 40%* of a project’s qualifying costs that are directly linked to the project. Projects should demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Creative merits, including the infusion of data and/or digital technologies to capture new audiences;
- Creation of credited roles for local media professionals; and
- Plans for digital distribution
The qualifying cost categories include:
- Professional Services
- Equipment (Hardware)
- Equipment (Software)
- Intellectual Property
*SFC will assess and determine the final grant amount upon successful application and approval of the project.
How to apply?
Related-party transactions are as defined in Financial Reporting Standard (FRS) 24. Examples of related parties include (but are not limited to) subsidiaries, associated companies, joint ventures, key management staff and their close family members (e.g. spouse, children, domestic partner, and dependents). The examples cited here are by no means exhaustive. For the purpose of declaring related party transactions in the above, the Company should seek specific advice from a professional accountant on the interpretation of related parties under Financial Reporting Standard (FRS) 24.
If any potential supplier/service provider for the project is a related-party, grant applicants are reminded to make the appropriate declaration to IMDA when submitting their grant application. Do note that any related-party transaction incurred by grant applicants, that had not been declared to IMDA and approved by IMDA, would not be funded.