Come and join our Family of Tech-Savvy Seniors today!
Do you surprise your friends and family members with your tech and IT-savviness? Do you know of anyone who has a passion to help fellow seniors go digital?
If the answer is “Yes”, we invite you to nominate yourself or your friend to join us as a Silver Infocomm Wellness Ambassador (SIWA) and receive a $100 voucher if you are selected.
The Silver Infocomm Wellness Ambassador is an initiative by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) and People’s Association Active Ageing Council (PA AAC). These silver-haired tech-savvy active agers have shared and imparted their IT-knowledge and expertise to their peers at many community platforms to help them become digitally ready and reap the benefits that technology brings.
Nominate yourself or someone you know to join our Family of Tech-Savvy seniors now. Nomination closes on 16 June 2019. For enquiries, please call 6377-3800
Eligibility and Criteria
IMDA and PA AAC are looking for individuals who:
- Are Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents aged 50 and above as at 01 Jul 2019.
- Have a passion for e-lifestyle, actively using technology in his/her daily life, and have shown significant effort in learning/teaching/sharing technology knowledge with others.
- Are willing to be interviewed, photographed, make public appearances or undertake other activities for publicity or outreach purposes as Silver Infocomm Wellness Ambassadors.
Past SIWAs are not eligible and shortlisted nominees may be interviewed by a selection panel.
Perks of being a SIWA
As a SIWA, you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet and network with like-minded peers who have the passion to help seniors go digital
- Volunteer and participate at events organised by IMDA or PA AAC
- Share your IT experience through talks at events, interviews or filming opportunities, where applicable.
- Play a role in inspiring seniors in the community to learn and adopt technology to benefit their lives.